top of page
  • Why do I need to have a government accredited Building Biologist?
    A government accredited Building Biologist with an Advanced Diploma in Building Biology trained and educated from the Australian College of Environmental Studies (ACES) is trained to the highest standards and with the latest scientific and industry research to provide you the service.
  • What accreditation should a Building Biologist have?
    In Australia, a Building Biologist may have a Cert IV or Advanced Diploma in Building Biology. Using a government certified Building Biologist is highly recommended through the Australasian Society of Building Biologists (ASBB) as they are trained through a registered training organisation (RTO), which is ACES.
  • What does a Building Biologist do?
    A building biologist identifies and addresses health hazards in the built environment from mould and electromagnetic fields to allergens, chemicals, gases and particulates. A qualified expert in the relationship between buildings, those who occupy them and the built environment, a building biologist will conduct an on-site inspection in your home or office, find the triggers and provide solutions.
  • How can a Building Biologist help me and my family?
    With a Whole Home Audit, you´ll get complete understanding of what may affect your family health in your home. No more feeling sick, stressed or tired. If you want a long term solution that gives you a healthy home and happy children, then a Building Biologist can help you.
  • How can a Building Biologist help my office and staff?
    With an Office Audit, you’ll get a comprehensive understanding of the air quality issues in your workplace and how to fix them. You will also gain understanding how electromagnetic fields affect people while they are working. You’ll notice increased productivity, less sick days and happy staff.
  • Once I have booked, what next?"
    Welcome! You took the first step toward a healthier home or office, so we’ll take it from here. Following payment and prior to your appointment, an extensive questionnaire will be emailed to you. A Building Biologist will review the information and prepare for your appointment. On the day of your booking, the Building Biologist will carry on an Audit, which can take anywhere from 1 hour to 6 hours, depending on your requirements and our on-site findings. After the assessment, the Building Biologist will provide you with custom recommendations and solutions for your home or office.
  • How much does it cost?
    We understand that every situation is different, and every individual is unique. Because of this, our solutions are tailor-made to your needs.
  • Do you travel outside of Perth?
    Yes, of course! Travel can be arranged to any places in WA and beyond but will incur extra costs.
  • Is the mould in my home making me and my family sick?
    Are you experiencing persistent coughing, headaches, muscle aches or difficulty concentrating? You don’t have to see or smell mould for it be a problem. Live and dead mould can be toxic to your health and cause allergic or inflammatory reactions. Even if you’ve recently cleared your home of mould, it’s better to be on the safe side.
  • Does a Building Biologist clean or get rid of the mould?
    We don’t physically clean or get rid of mould. Regardless of the amount of visible mould growth or water damage, we locate and assess the associated invisible mould contamination. We find the trigger in your home or office and provide you with recommendations on how to manage the cause (and refer you to a IICRC mould remediator). Based on the results, we help you prevent mould from coming back ever again.
  • How do I know I have mould in my home or office?
    Few places on Earth are completely free of mould – it only needs moisture, oxygen and food to grow. Mould loves water damaged material such as timber, paper, clothes, and furnishings. There are thousands of species of mould and it can present in a multitude of colours and shapes, or even be invisible. Sometimes you can smell a musty odour, and sometimes you can’t. Our Building Biologist can determine the existence of mould with specialised equipment and meters.
  • How can building materials and furnishings cause poor indoor air quality?
    Some building materials, including plywood and chipboard, consist of wood and synthetic glues. The glues generally contain substances called volatile organic compounds (VOC’s) which evaporate into the air. Furnishing fabrics and carpets may also contain VOC’s. Many VOC’s may cause ill health and some are recognised cancer-causing agents at certain exposure levels.
  • What are the sources of electromagnetic radiation in the building?
    Baby monitors Metal spring mattresse and bed frames (can generate an electric field if the are located in the vicinity of an electromagnetic field) Electric blankets Some types of water beds, electric radiators, heating pads and electric adjustable beds Concrete slab Game consoles Heating and cooling (ceiling fans, portable heaters, radiators, electric fans, air conditioning units, electruc slab floor heating, electruc hot water systems) Electric stoves, grills, plates Microwave ovens Range hoods Lights (energy efficient fluorescent bulbs, halogen desk lamps) Dimmer switches (can transmit high frequency disturbances into the mains – a phenomenon referred to as Dirty Electricity) Metal water pipes Meter box Computers and monitors Laptops Printers, photocopiers, fax machines, scanners Mobile phone chargers Televisions Vacuum cleaners
  • How do electromagnetic fields affect me and my family?
    The following symptoms have been observed in people who use mobile phones, those who live or work near mobile base stations, and those who use wireless technology: Headache and migranes Learning, concentration and behavioural problems Insomnia Fatigue Anxiety and depression Muscle and joint pains and spasms Ringing in the ears and hearing loss Palpitations, high blood pressure, arrhytmias and shortness of breath Motor neurone disease There is increasing evidence to suggest an increased risk of a specific type of brain tumour – namely gliomas, meningiomas, acoustic neuromas and parotid gland tumors. The long term effects are not known, however there is increasing concern that they could be associated with cancer, neurological diseases, male sterility, miscarriage and birth defects, as well as thyroid dysfunction and bleeding disorders.
  • Are shielding materials effective against electromagnetic fields?
    As radio frequencies and electromagnetic fields have different properties, shielding materials that effectively block radio frequencies are not necessarily effective against the electric and magnetic fields generated by electrical wiring and appliances. Magnetic fields travel through nearly all materials and are therefore very difficult to block out. Electrical fields can be blocked by solid objects, including metal sheets and fabric containing conductive fibres that are connected to earth. It is essential that these materials be connected to earth, for if they are not earthed, electrical charge will build up, making them electric field sources.
  • What about plug-in devices, crystals, stickers and other items claiming to reduce exposure?
    If any reduction can not me measured by professional equipment used by Building Biologist, then it is not reducing the risk of exposure.
bottom of page